The update also includes a redesigned homepage Meritor says enhances the user experience and helps customers find what they need faster, and the addition of Xpress Lane, which offers quick ordering and price availability for registered customers.
“As online parts ordering continues to grow, MeritorPartsXpress.com is evolving into an even more comprehensive resource designed to deliver single-click solutions customers need to be successful,” said Christy Westrich, director of customer loyalty for Meritor. “These improvements offer customers quick navigation and a variety of self-service tools to locate aftermarket parts, product information and other resources that help keep vehicles on the road.”
Despite an industry-wide slowdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic, traffic on the 24-hour aftermarket e-commerce platform has increased by more than 22% since last year as Meritor improved features and functionality to help warehouse distributors, OEMs, dealers, fleets and independent garages find information on more than 100,000 aftermarket parts, the company maintained.
The latest enhancements also include:
- Xpress Fact landing pages offering product line overviews and announcements, as well as access to literature, training and videos
- Every landing page has a gallery-style view showing all parts categories within a specific product line
- Expanded bill of material functionality to compare all component pricing for assemblies and kits
- Printable product specification sheets for registered users now include details for interchange, alternate and related items for parts
- Messages flagging certain products as “special order parts” or “parts not sold separately”
“Meritor will continue to enhance the site as part of its M2022 strategic goal to exceed customer expectations,” Westrich said.