WABCO Holdings Inc. (NYSE: WBC) announced that its Intelligent Trailer Program has won the 2011 Trailer Innovation Award in recognition of WABCO’s suite of innovative technologies for trailers that contribute to safer and more efficient trailer operation.
WABCO was honored with this prestigious industry award at a ceremony during IAA Commercial Vehicles 2010 in Hanover, Germany.
“We are proud to win the 2011 Trailer Innovation Award in the smart trailer category as it demonstrates how WABCO technologies and systems continue to set new benchmarks for the trailer industry. Powered by our passion for innovation, we are committed to continuously improve vehicle safety while strongly contributing to driver effectiveness,” said Nick Rens, WABCO Vice President, Trailer Systems and Aftermarket. “Our Intelligent Trailer Program helps fleet owners to make trailer operation safer and more efficient, and as a result, operating costs are lower.”
WABCO’s Intelligent Trailer Program includes its latest innovations in trailer technologies such as:
- TrailerGuard™, a state-of-the-art telematics solution
- TailGuard™ system for safer driving in reverse
- OptiTurn™ for driver support when maneuvering and steering through curves
- OptiLoad™ automatically redistributes cargo weight to avoid trailer axle overload
- Trailer Immobilizer, a security innovation that increases protection against trailer theft
- Trailer Remote Control, an in-cabin device to increase safety and operational effectiveness
The Intelligent Trailer Program is part of WABCO’s strategy to reduce the number of accidents involving commercial vehicles by 50 percent by 2020. It is available for customers worldwide and can be customized for specific needs and requirements.
The internationally recognized Trailer Innovation Award is presented by 10 major European transport publications and the German association of the automotive industry (VDA). Established in 2002, Trailer Innovation is one of the most prestigious awards within the global trailer industry. It honors benchmarks in trailer innovations in 7 categories. For more information, visit http://www.trailer-innovation.com/.