Bollinger Motors plans to produce and sell an all-electric B2 Chassis Cab, which it says is the world’s first and only Class 3 all-electric chassis cab truck platform.
The electric chassis cab will be offered in “unlimited” work truck configurations, the manufacturer maintained, with the full-cab and cutaway-cab variants available to commercial outfitters beginning in late 2021.
“The Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab’s unique features, including the 5,000-pound payload and large energy source to power tools, make it perfect for businesses, small and large,” said Robert Bollinger, CEO. “Commercial fleets will be able to reduce their overall cost of operation while buying a truck designed, engineered and built in the USA. The B2CC is an ideal option for municipalities, park services, emergency response vehicles, airports, construction, landscaping, electricians, plumbers, security, non-tactical military and more."
The Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab will be built on the patent-pending Bollinger Motors E-Chassis all-wheel drive base that underpins the Bollinger B1 Sport Utility Truck and the B2 Pickup, Bollinger said. It will be available in two-door and four-door cabs and on multiple wheelbase lengths.
Features of the patent-pending Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab include:
- Two-door or Four-door cab
- Various wheelbase lengths, based on desired customization
- Patent-pending passthrough for storage of long items
- 120 kWh battery pack
- All-wheel drivetrain
- All-terrain capabilities
- Dual motor
- Portal gear hubs
- 5,000-pound payload
- Ultra-low center of gravity
- Hydraulic anti-lock power brakes (ABS)
- Electronic traction control
- Electronic stability control
- Hydraulic power steering
- Hydro-pneumatic self-leveling suspension
- Independent front and rear suspension
- 10 kw on-board charger/inverter
- Complete power system controls, configurable to given vehicle application
- Integrated thermal-management system