Hillsboro Industries recently introduced a new open car/multi-purpose heavy-duty trailer with standard 5,200-pound axles.
The new open-trailer model is available in 20-, 22- and 24-foot lengths.
“The HD, along with our (regular-duty) version, has many industry-leading features that customers want and will appreciate,” the company said.
Hillsboro designs and engineers trailers with unique standard features. This trailer boasts:
- Tube cross members that give 20 times torsional stiffness vs traditional I-beam construction
- Hillsboro’s exclusive rear stabilizer jacks in each rear corner
- All-aluminum construction with extruded floor and side rub/tie rail
- Two 6-foot-by-12-inch HD aluminum ramps (rated at 2500 lbs each) with anti-rattle storage and doors
- Flush sides with rub rail that allow side-loading capabilities
- Stylish polished embossed front corner caps
- 48-inch long front A-frame hitch with two 5/16-inch couplers
The HD model is available in 20-foot to 24-foot bed lengths that will feature a 9,990-lb Gross Vehicle Weight Rating, with two 5,200-lb torsion electric brake axles.
The HD and RD versions come with a 10-year structural warranty from a 51-year-old company.
“With 82½ inches between (them), the removable fenders give you a lot of flexibility in hauling and loading,” the company said. “The standard tie rail with flush sides and four swivel tie downs gives you a lot of choices in securing your load.”
The Hillsboro Exclusive Clear View Aero Guard option makes a load visible while driving, allowing for safe hauling of precious cargo using the rear-view mirror. Other options include a front bump stop rail, winch plate, and spare aluminum tire and wheel.
“Innovative features, styling and competitive pricing keep us at the front of the pack,” Hillsboro said.
For more information, contact Hillsboro Industries at 1 800 835 0209.