Highlights from the June 2018 issue:
TTMA Convention Report issue: The Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association held its 76th annual convention in Santa Ana Pueblo NM. The convention program included:
- The Future of Manufacturing—Panelists detail the challenges posed by disruptive technologies, the Millennial workforce, and Big Data
- Industry Forecast—Analysts provide insight into economic trends and their impact on trailer production.
- Associates’ presentations—A roundup of the latest in trailer-related products and services from TTMA associate members.
Long-term market outlook: What can trailer manufacturers expect from the economy and, accordingly, from the transportation sector heading toward 2020 and beyond?
Features: 5-year forecast: Trailer outlook hinges on 2020. The current five-year run of strong growth in the trailer market is “unprecedented,” says Don Ake, FTR vice president of commercial vehicles. And that makes him a little nervous, especially when Trailer/Body Builders asks him to look into his...
DTNA “leads the charge” with new electric truck lineup
TTMA Convention Coverage:
- TTMA Annual Convention photo roundup: With nearly 500 registrants and 73 first timers—representing 20 trailer manufacturers, nine tank manufacturers, and 100 associate companies—the traditional schedule of business meetings and general sessions, golf and tennis events, the poolside...
- Disruptive Technology—Smith says 3D printing on brink of revolutionizing every industry, including manufacturing
- TTMA launches industry-wide safety effort
- Managing Millennials—Author, speaker Tulgan outlines strategies for motivating, retaining younger generation in today’s changing workplace
- Robot uprising—Vigillo president says big data, quantum computing accelerating technological development at ‘unimaginable’ pace
- New trailer products, services for 2018. Fourteen TTMA associate members offered updates on trailer-related products and services during the general sessions. Here’s a summary of those presentations
Find articles from other back issues of the magazine in the Issue Archive.
Trailer/Body Builders is the only magazine dedicated to the manufacture, sale, and service of commercial trucks and trailers. Its editorial (which includes ideas for management, production, sales, and marketing) targets upper management of these companies.