Trail King recently showcased updates to a couple of its bestselling material hauling trailers: The Steel Side Dump and the Bottom Dump.
The two-piece rolled design of the tub delivers a fast, stable unloading process ensuring materials are dumped further away and eliminating carry back. Main frame I-beams, constructed of one-piece web and flange material, result in a trailer with the rugged strength and durability.
- The abrasion-resistant two-pieced rolled tub is constructed of 6mm Hardox 450. The round bottom delivers a fast unloading process that eliminates carry back. Fewer weld seams minimize likelihood of cracking. This tub design results in additional weight savings.
- An additional center tub pivot provides a smoother dumping process and increased stability with no wheel hop at the end of the dump cycle while maintaining a dump angle of 41 degrees.
- The standard removable drop-in kingpin, greaseless bushings, remote cylinder grease lines and bolt-on parts provide ease of maintenance.
- The new tub geometry drastically increases tub-to-truck clearance when dumping, improves cycle stability and provides better rear-view visibility and component protection.
- Rugged, flexible, impact-resistant plastic rounded fenders (front and rear) shed falling debris to protect both the trailer and wheels. The improved tarp and truck fender clearance increases durability.
The Bottom Dump is engineered to be lighter than ever before, yet rugged and strong. Its lightweight cross-bracing and gusset design minimizes the twisting and flexing in critical stress areas while delivering maximum weight savings.
- A spherical full oscillating 5th wheel plate with chrome bushed design reduces trailer stress and extends service life of the tractor and frame.
- Bolt-on parts including the windrow deflector, fender backets and light boxes make maintenance easy.
- Faster operation and more capacity for the gate with the addition of a 60-gallon air reservoir.
- The large 11’6” clam with overlapping knife edge ensures full closure of the gate.
- Continuous hopper slopes with a 54”x99” hopper opening deliver complete dumping and reduces areas of material build up.
- The heavy-duty gate stop increases productivity and greater output with fast cycle times and recently modified easy to use gate limit setting. It is conveniently positioned with 6 adjustable locations.
- Sloped top rail allows material to shed, reducing areas of buildup and less corrosion. The one-piece unitized hopper and frame design ensure superior cleanout.
For additional coverage the 2023 CONEXPO/CON-AGG show, see the May print edition of Trailer/Body Builders.