The National Truck Equipment Association (NTEA) on Tuesday released to its members the following letter from NTEA President Steve Carey on its response to the ongoing novel coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic:
As the world responds to the implications of COVID-19, I wanted to share how the Association plans to aggressively support the membership during this time. First, though, let me say that given the uniqueness of our industry, I assume many of you will be a contributing force behind furthering North America’s strategy to combat the spread of this virus. For that I, along with NTEA staff and membership, thank you.
To better understand how members are modifying their operations and the steps you’re taking on behalf of your employees and organization, we’ve created a short snapshot survey. Should you have time and interest, we’d like to learn more about how we can help, and this information is a start.
In an effort to limit potential exposure and continue our support of member companies, NTEA will operate on a semi-virtual basis. Member visits will be postponed and Association staff will refrain from participating in any in-person meetings, speaking engagements or events.
We are not closing operations, but we are working to do our part by modifying office procedures. I want to provide a few specific updates on what this means. Keep in mind, the NTEA team remains accessible to assist at [email protected] and 800-441-6832.
- We don’t anticipate a disruption of technical support which is available via hotline (800-441-6832, see web for days/hours) or email at [email protected].
- Per usual, product orders can continue to be placed online, phone or fax. NTEA will fulfill orders as quickly as possible, and will notify you of any delays.
- Online education, like Truck Equipment 101 and 201, live and recordings of webinars, and content downloads, are available to all employees. As membership benefits, an active login is required to access, which we can help setup for anyone in your company.
- Payments, profile updates and company directory changes can continue to be processed online. As part of our office modification, we will limit staff time in the building, which may affect processing timing if you prefer to mail a payment. Let us know at [email protected] and we will note your account to prevent any benefit or access disruptions.
- We’re here to help. If you are experiencing any concerns regarding your Association dues renewal, please contact us to discuss options.
We are continuing to closely monitor the situation and are in the process of researching options for upcoming in-person events, if the need arises. Thank you for your continued understanding as we all try to navigate this rapidly changing situation.
And most importantly, please stay safe and healthy.
Visit ntea.com for more information.