Peter Miller, executive vice president of business development and sales at Pro-Tech Industries, recently was installed as the 56th board chair of NTEA—The Association for the Work Truck Industry.
Miller accepted the position from immediate past board chair Craig Bonham, vice president for commercial vehicles at Safe Fleet, during NTEA’s Annual Meeting, held in conjunction with The Work Truck Show 2020.
“I’m honored to accept the NTEA board chair position and am excited to be part of the association’s powerful movement committed to furthering industry knowledge, growth and profitability,” Miller said. “Together, we will advance relevant tools for the commercial vehicle community, advocate for mutually beneficial policies and keep moving the industry forward.”
Miller joined Pro-Tech more than 30 years ago. He served in various roles, including branch manager, vice president and president, before settling into his current position in 2016. He has a track record of industry experience, and serves as the main point of contact supporting customer groups in the transportation and work truck industries.
In 2014, he was elected to serve on NTEA’s board and, for the last six years, has become heavily involved in committee work. In addition to his many contributions, he chaired the temporary Truck Equipment 101 Task Force in 2015 and the Finance & Investment Committee in 2017. He served as convention chair for the Education Committee in 2019.
2020–2021 NTEA Board
Also serving on the 2020-21 NTEA Board’s Executive Committee are First Vice Chair Jon Sievert of Douglas Dynamics (Cedar Rapids IA), Second Vice Chair Tina Albright of TBEI (Lake Crystal MN) and Third Vice Chair/Treasurer David J Scheitlin of Auto Truck Group (Roanoke IN).
- Calvin Geddings, Lee Transport Equipment (Columbia SC)
- Rod Hill, Utility Truck Equipment Inc. (Circleville OH)
- Teresa L. Miller, American Midwest Fleet Solutions (Lone Jack MO)
- Jason Ritchey, Curry Supply Co. (Martinsburg PA)
- M Travis Eby, EBY Truck Bodies (MH EBY) (Blue Ball PA)
- Eric Jones, Onspot (North Vernon IN)
- Sean Moran, Stellar Industries (Garner IA)
- Ben Winter, Transfer Flow (Chico CA)
- Joe Curran, Peterbilt Motors (Denton TX)
50-year member companies
During NTEA’s Annual Meeting, the association recognized three companies celebrating their 50th year of continuous membership.
- Palmer Machine Works (Amory, MS)
- RKI (Houston TX)
- Truck Equipment (Des Moines IA)