The Edge Elite Aero System+, a drag-reduction solution from TRANSTEX, has received a Bin V Executive Order - AD-005-0018-1 for its delta CdA value of 1.01 from the California Air Resources Board (CARB). Bin V is one of the higher aerodynamic device certifications provided by the board that is determined by a device’s aerodynamic performance on a standard tractor.
"This announcement represents a significant milestone for TRANSTEX and reiterates our steadfast commitment to sustainable transportation solutions,” said Todd McGuire, senior vice president, sales and marketing, TRANSTEX. “We are proud to make a CARB BIN V certified option, empowering fleet operators to reduce their carbon footprint further while enhancing their operational efficiency."Read more: TRANSTEX acquires SmartTruck's TopKit, LeadEdge aero assets
The addition of the Edge Fin has resulted in all of TRANSTEX’s kit achieving the BIN V rating for drag reduction, improving fuel efficiency, and minimizing harmful reductions. Some key highlights of the Edge Elite Aero System+ include:
- Warranty Coverage: The solution includes a 10-year limited warranty on the Edge Skirt, the Edge TopKit, and the Edge Fin.
- Enhanced Environmental Benefits: The Edge Elite Aero System+ option minimizes nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions, supports cleaner air, and combats climate change.
- Improved Fuel Efficiency: TRANSTEX's certified solution optimizes commercial vehicle aerodynamics, leading to improved fuel efficiency and reduced operating costs for fleet owners.
- Regulatory Compliance: The Edge Fin fully complies with the latest environmental regulations, giving customers and regulators peace of mind.
- Focus on Sustainability: TRANSTEX is committed to sustainability and uses eco-friendly materials and manufacturing processes.
TRANSTEX’s certified solutions align with their broader vision of minimizing commercial transportation's environmental impact while supporting fleet operators in meeting their sustainability goals. Installation requires no effort by drivers or technicians, the company stated.
For more information, please visit www.transtex-llc.com.