Thermo King’s telematics hardware bundled with a two-year TracKing telematics service subscription will now be standard on Thermo King APU, trailer, and large truck products beginning January 1, 2024.
“Providing data with actionable insights for fleet operators is a vital component to moving the industry forward and enhancing the customer experience,” said Chris Tanaka, vice president of product management for Thermo King Americas. “To make this easier for customers, we are putting the data they need at their fingertips – automatically – with qualifying new unit purchases.”Read more: Reefer reconfiguration: TRU tech is evolving—and suppliers aim to help
Thermo King has been integrating TracKing telematics hardware into its Precedent trailer units since 2018 and its T-90 large truck series of units since 2020. In addition, the 3rd Generation TriPac APU introduced earlier this year became the first APU to offer telematics as an option. Beginning in 2024, all Thermo King APU, trailer (over the road and rail), and large truck products will not only come standard with the hardware but also a two-year service subscription.
“Our decision to make the service standard is an investment aligned with our Sustainability Commitments and our pledge to help customers meet their company goals and regulatory requirements,” Tanaka explained.
The benefits of TracKing telematics include:
- Visibility into the reefer monitoring system such as the temperature set-point, fuel levels, load condition including actual load temperature, and both past and present asset location that is available 24/7.
- Service reminders and alerts to help minimize vehicle downtime, prevent costly, unplanned asset breakdowns, enhance maintenance practices, and improve fleet utilization to balance fleet workload.
- Proven temperature compliance with reports and graphs that log temperatures of sensitive cargo throughout its journey.
- Confirmed asset security with door sensor data that records all door openings for temperature and security management.
- Cargo traceability that monitors shipment location and condition so delays can be managed proactively. Geofencing capabilities with notifications can also be set.
- Information dashboards with insights into overall fleet performance and readiness scores that deliver critical information to fleets first.
- Data sharing features that allow TracKing telematics to integrate into third party websites and/or backend systems.