Phillips Industries has introduced the new premium QWIK-CHANGE PAK (Power Air Kit) combining ready-to-install factory assembled tractor to trailer connection components and cable support, designed to save time and money, under one part number.
Phillips recognized that fleets were facing two challenges with their back of cab systems: Air and electrical was a cost of doing business rather than a return on investment, and multiple components meant multiple part number maintenance, the company explains. Discovering the “best possible” solution to these challenges through testing and evaluation, Phillips designed the QWIK-CHANGE PAK to be a combination of premium products consolidated into one easy kit.
A QWIK-CHANGE PAK combines Phillips premium spiral-wrapped 3-IN-1 electrical and air combination assemblies with QCP (Quick-Change Plugs), service and emergency factory-installed anodized gladhands, and two 25" QWIK-CHANGE heavy-duty tracker spring kits with QWIK-CLAMP. Purchasing the QWIK-CHANGE PAK components in an all-in-one kit reduces the overall costs, simplifies installation and maintenance, and assures the correct combination of durable products for reliable tractor to trailer connections.
Money and time-saving features of individual PAK components include:
- QCP (Quick-Change Plugs), 2-minute quick and easy serviceable 7-way plugs with corrosion-inhibiting components. The nylon plug insert is easily removed and replaced, much like a razor's cartridge. With the QCP, there is no rewiring or removal of spiral wrap to disassemble the 3-IN-1 for repair.
- 7-way trailer side cable guard and extended lead length expands cable life with added protection at major stress points, reducing downtime.
- Factory-installed anodized gladhands with stainless steel detent plates for corrosion protection preserve the air connections in the harshest conditions.
- Application-specific heavy-duty springs and QWIK-CLAMP offer proper air and electrical cable support. The QWIK-CLAMP is corrosion resistant and installs and adjusts in seconds without tools.
- Premium quality heavy-duty Phillips air and electrical lines are spiral-wrapped, providing abrasion protection and an unobstructed view for DOT inspections.
PAKs are available from Phillips authorized dealers with 12' or 15' cable lengths. Two additional limited-edition PAKs include the heavy-duty tracker spring kits with QWIK-CLAMP designed with a green "SUPPORTING VETS" sleeve in partnership with the Wyakin Foundation through the Green Gives Back campaign. Contributions from the sale of these select PAKs will be donated towards Wyakin's initiative aiding veterans transitioning back into civilian life.
To learn more visit www.phillipsind.com/giving-back.