June Class 3-8 truck sales 10% ahead of 2017

Retail sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks recovered in June were a mixed bag, posting double-digit gains compared to May in Class 5 and Class 8 but slight declines across several other classes, according to figures compiled by Wards Intelligence.

Dealers sold 69,739 trucks with gross vehicle weight ratings above 10,000 pounds last month, up 4% from the previous month. By weight, the totals were 26,777 in Class 3 (-1%); 2,105 in Class 4 (-5%), 7,991 in Class 5 (+13%); 5,977 in Class 6 (-3%); 5,538 Class 7 (+3%); and 21,351 in Class 8 (+11%).

Compared to sales in June 2017, the totals were up 10%, with Class 8 running 23% ahead of last year. Class 3 sales were up 4% from a year ago.

For the first six months of the year, medium- and heavy-duty truck sales were up 8% compared with 2017, again led by Class 8’s 30% improvement from a year ago. Only Class 3 (-4%) has posted a decline in the YTD total.

Share the gallery of sales charts by using the widgets above. Look for similar reports and find other articles on sales and production figures for the commercial truck and trailer industry under the "Market Stats" link in the top-left dropdown menu.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish