The commercial vehicle market is requiring manufacturers to extend the capabilities of commercial vehicle solutions to include greater efficiency and performance, especially in the area of sealed inline connectors for lower vibration chassis applications.
In response to this trend, TE Connectivity recently launched its next-generation inline connector for commercial vehicles: SUPERSEAL pro 2-position sealed connector for inline applications.
TE’s SUPERSEAL pro connectors are lightweight, and suitable for wire-to-wire and wire-to-device applications, the company said. They are designed as a reliable and cost-effective solution for commercial-vehicle owners, and may be used in sensors, lights, gauges, actuators, switches, solenoids and various wiring scenarios on the chassis.
“The R&D team at TE Connectivity is continually innovating to enhance the solutions we offer to the commercial vehicle market,” said Zhou Zhaowen, product and engineering manager at TE Connectivity. “The SUPERSEAL pro next-generation sealed connectors will secure the performance and longevity of inline connections on the chassis, while helping commercial vehicle owners and operators simultaneously cut expenses.”
TE said its SUPERSEAL pro connectors provide a number of benefits, including:
- 17A-current-carrying capacity and vibration resistance in compliance with USCAR v2
- Improved terminal retention and proper positioning with Terminal Position Assurance (TPA)
- Easier assembly because of their pre-assembled, color-coded options
- Sealing levels of IP67/IP68/IP6K9K (with back shell) with enhanced seal retention features
- Better flammability protection given the UL 94-V0 material used
Visit te.com/ict for more information.