The Volvo VHD vocational truck and tractor are now available with a factory-installed 42-inch sleeper cab, designated the VHD 430.
The Volvo VHD 430 is designed for customers who need a comfortable and efficient sleeper to meet hours of service regulations, without sacrificing reliability or performance in demanding vocational applications.
Volvo Trucks North America will show the new VHD 430 to the public for the first time April 12-14 at ExpoCam in Montreal, Quebec, in Booth 4832 at Place Bonaventure.
The VHD 430 is designed for customers who want the VHD's ability to operate in demanding conditions with large or heavy loads, while providing drivers with the sleeper berth required by hours of service regulations. The VHD was previously only available with a daycab.
Like all VHDs, the VHD 430 is highly customizable and comes as a 6x4, 8x4 or 8x6 tractor or truck, in axle forward and axle back configurations. The VHD's basic design is highly flexible to accommodate a wide variety of factory-installed options, with multiple axles, frame rails options and a wide list of available components.
Major features include:
- Volvo D13 engine, with up to 485 hp and 1650 lb-ft of torque
- Transmissions -- Volvo I-Shift 12-speed automated manual transmission; Eaton Fuller 10- to 18-speed manuals and AutoShift; Allison automatic
- Front axle to 20,000-pound capacity
- Front axle position at 29.1 and 51.2 inches
- Volvo T-Ride rear suspensions up to 70,000-pound capacity; optional Hendrickson suspensions
- Frame rails available in five thicknesses (up to 0.44 inches thick), with 1.88 million to 4.2 million RBM
- One-piece cab and sleeper, constructed of robotically-welded High-Strength Steel (HSS)
- Volvo Enhanced Stability Technology (VEST) for advanced traction and stability control, and rollover protection