Today’s opening of the all-new Sterling Heights Dodge Commercial Center in Sterling Heights, Michigan, marks the regional debut of Fleet Elite, a new service experience.
"Commercial trucks and corporate fleets are central to the Michigan and United States economies,” said Anthony Viviano, chairman of Sterling Heights Dodge. “To the operators of those vehicles, their car or truck is a tool of their trade. When that tool is unavailable or unusable, they are out of business. We will excel at keeping them in a great vehicle and on the road."
The facility is located at 39909 Van Dyke Avenue in Sterling Heights. It occupies 14,000 square feet on six acres. Other details of the new commercial center include:
- 6,700 square foot service department
- 15 service bays with lifts that can accommodate vehicles from 2,500 up to 60,000 pounds
- 2,800 square feet of parts storage
- Full accessories installation and upfit center
- Automated wash bays -- bigger and more robust than a traditional car wash -- to accommodate the demands of large commercial vehicles. Customers can access this service 24/7 with a special card reader
- Special customer amenities including a snack bar, lounge, complimentary computer usage and free wireless Internet connections
Viviano invested nearly three years and over $6 million to create the center. He anticipates that it will initially create 35-50 new jobs and will grow with the addition of a second service shift as demand warrants.
Launched in 2007 as a pilot program, Fleet Elite is an innovative program dedicated to improving service and support to commercial fleet customers with specialized processes that meet their specific needs.
"The corporate fleet customer has too often been underserved,” he said. “We have taken the best of our retail dealership, invented new processes specific to fleet and commercial customers, and will now offer a new level of service."