The National Truck Equipment Association (NTEA) recently revised its Truck Equipment Handbook.
The Handbook is one of NTEA’s most widely recognized technical publications, and is a comprehensive guide that provides technical information on the selection of commercial vehicle components and equipment. It includes:
- Component descriptions.
- Applications and installation considerations and requirements.
- Graphs, charts and diagrams illustrating basic engineering calculations (i.e., payload analysis, weight distribution and center of gravity calculations).
- Reference sections on vehicle certification, Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and vehicle lighting requirements.
- Weights and measures charts.
- Glossary of truck equipment industry terms.
Updates to the Handbook include: updated regulatory information; vehicle certification information; tire information; and updated and additional glossary terms.
The Truck Equipment Handbook is $13 for members (quantity discounts available); $25 for nonmembers. For more information, visit the NTEA “Storefront” at www.ntea.com or call 1-800-441-NTEA (6832).