Through its Member Verification Program (MVP), the National TruckEquipment Association (NTEA) has recognized 10 member companies and requalified 57 companies for their commitment to safety and quality standards. This brings the total number of companies who have achieved MVP status to 373 since NTEA initiated this program in May of 2005.
The Member Verification Program recognizes manufacturers, distributors and upfitters for implementing quality business practices and for complying with specific government safety regulations. Criteria to meet the MVP standards can involve liability insurance, warrantyprograms, safety policies, quality assurance, employee certification, and product usage information. Program standards were enhanced July 1, 2008, to include more stringent requirements.
"We congratulate these members who have demonstrated compliance to key quality standards and for building better relationships between distributors and manufacturers, and between suppliers and their customers," said NTEA Executive Director Jim Carney. "With the recentintroduction of updated criteria, we have raised the bar of theMVP program to even higher standards which should impact the quality efforts of our members and industry to an even greater extent."
The newest MVP's for the second quarter of 2008 are:
* Baker Equipment, Div JGB Industries, Inc. (Richmond,VA)
* Ferrotek Corporation (Ferndale, WA)
* J & B Truck Body, Inc. (Tarpon Springs, FL)
* Johnson Refrigerated Truck Bodies (Rice Lake, WI)
* R & S-Godwin Truck Body Co LLC (Allen, KY)
* Structural Metal Fabricators Inc. (Palmerton, PA)
* Trim-Lok Inc (Buena Park, CA)
* Truck Bodies and Equipment International (Eden Prairie, MN)
* Vortex Truck And Equipment (Moundville, AL)
* Wilcox Bodies LTD (Milton, ON)