The National Truck Equipment Association (NTEA) has announced that an additional 26 Distributor and Manufacturer members have achieved Member Verification Program (MVP) status as of Oct. 1, the third quarter of 2006, ending Sept. 30, 2006.
Since May 2005 when the program was initiated, 271 companies have qualified for MVP status. The program recognizes members that have implemented minimum business processes and have taken steps to comply with certain government regulations.
“We welcome these members that have demonstrated compliance with key strategic objectives for building better partnerships between distributors and manufacturers, and between suppliers and their customers,” said NTEA Executive Director Jim Carney.
Applications for verification status are accepted throughout the year. Those qualifying for MVP designation are announced on a quarterly basis.
To qualify, NTEA Distributor and Manufacturer members must meet criteria that are key to providing quality products and vehicles. For example, vehicle upfitters must provide proof that they are attempting to comply with specific regulatory requirements necessary for the manufacture of trucks.
They also must demonstrate that they have adequate liability insurance coverage, a quality program and ASE-certified mechanics or certified welders.
Body and equipment manufacturers have similar requirements for insurance coverage, quality programs and certified employees. They also must verify that they provide installation instructions for their products and have a warranty policy to address product defects. In total, all verified members must provide proof that they meet four of five criteria.
To make the program increasingly more meaningful to the industry, the NTEA has stated it will add new criteria or modify criteria over time. The first modification to the program took effect July 1, 2006, with insurance becoming a requirement for distributors and manufacturers applying to the Program.
The newest MVPs are (July 1-Sept. 30, 2006):
· AEV, Inc./American Emergency Vehicles (Jefferson, NC)
· American Equipment & Trailer, Inc. (Amarillo, TX)
· American Truck & Trailer Body Co., Inc. (Tracy, CA)
· Carmanah Technologies Corp. (Victoria, BC, Canada)
· Carson Manufacturing Co., Inc. (Indianapolis, IN)
· Elkhart Coach Div. Forest River, Inc. (Elkhart, IN)
· Fiberglass Technology Industries Dba Fiber-Tech Industries, Inc. (Spokane, WA)
· Goodall Mfg. LLC (Eden Prairie, MN)
· Goshen Coach, Inc./A Thor Co. (Elkhart, IN)
· L-Z Truck Equipment Co., Inc. (St. Paul, MN)
· Maxey Truck & Trailer Equipment (Fort Collins, CO)
· Mission Valley Truck Body (San Jose, CA)
· Nelson Truck Equipment Co., Inc. (Kent, WA)
· North American Equipment Upfitters, Inc. (Hooksett, NH)
· Palfinger North America (Niagara Falls, ON, Canada)
· Palmer Machine Works, Inc. (Amory, MS)
· Phillips Industries (Santa Fe Springs, CA)
· Ramsey Winch (Tulsa, OK)
· Sto-Away Power Cranes, Inc. (Crown Point, IN)
· Switch-N-Go/Amerideck Div. of Deist Industries, Inc.
· Tenco Machinery (CDN) Ltd. (St. Valerien-De-Milto, QC, Canada)
· Time Mfg. Co. (Waco, TX)
· Titan Truck Equipment (Spokane, WA)
· VMAC - Vehicle Mounted Air Compressors (Nanaimo, BC, Canada)
· West Park Truck Equipment, Inc. (Grand Junction, CO)
· Wilbar Truck Equipment (Portsmouth, VA)
For a complete listing of MVPs, or to learn more about the Program, visit www.ntea.com.