The National Truck Equipment Association (NTEA) welcomed 13 new members to the growing list of Member Verification Program (MVP) companies.
As of July 1, 320 Manufacturer and Distributor companies have achieved MVP status. The Program, initiated in May 2005, recognizes members that have implemented minimum business processes and have taken steps to comply with certain government regulations.
The Newest MVPs are (April 1-June 30, 2007):
* Alum-Line, Inc. (Cresco, IA)
* American Equipment Co. (Kansas City, KS)
* AutoPort, Inc. (New Castle, DE)
* Bott USA, Inc. (Ladson, SC)
* Clark Truck Equipment Co., Inc. (Linden, IN)
* Indianhead Truck & Body Co. LLC (Menomonie, WI)
* Marque, Inc. (Elkhart, IN)
* North American Signal Co. (Wheeling, IL)
* Power-Packer (Mishawaka, IN)
* Pro Air LLC (Elkhart, IN)
* Service Trucks International/Tiger Cranes (Sioux Center, IA)
* Tiffin Loader Crane Co. (Tiffin, OH)
* TODCO (Marion, OH)
Applications for verification status are accepted throughout the year. Those qualifying for MVP designation are announced on a quarterly basis.
To qualify, NTEA Distributor and Manufacturer members must meet criteria that are key to providing quality products and vehicles. For example, vehicle upfitters must provide proof that they are attempting to comply with specific regulatory requirements necessary for the manufacture of trucks.
They also must demonstrate that they have adequate liability insurance coverage, a quality program and ASE-certified mechanics or certified welders.
Body and equipment manufacturers have similar requirements for insurance coverage, quality programs and certified employees. They also must verify that they provide installation instructions for their products and have a warranty policy to address product defects.
In total, all verified members must provide proof that they meet four of five criteria whether they are a vehicle upfitter or body and equipment manufacturer.