The National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors (NAW) will hold its Executive Summit -- “How to Play 2012-13” -- January 31–February 2 in Washington, DC.
It will feature in-depth expert presentations, panel discussions, and distributor case studies, along with dynamic speakers from the wholesale distribution industry, the public policy sector, and the media. They’ll talk about where the economy and the industry are headed.
The entire program is focused around helping distributors increase profits, improve performance, and provide superior value to their customers despite the tough economy.
It will drill down and get answers to these questions that challenge all wholesaler-distributors:
- Where will the economy trend in 2012 and 2013? Economist Alan Beaulieu will tell you in his session, “NAW Economic Forecast, 2012–13.”
- What are the major, fundamental changes that business will face over a longer time horizon? Futurist David Houle will tell you in his session, “The Shift Age.”
- How can distribution firms create a profitability turnaround program that brings up all of their accounts to best practice performance? Profitability expert Jonathan Byrnes will tell you in his session, “A Practical Guide to Managing Profitability Turnarounds in Wholesale Distribution.”
During the “Managing Profitability Turnarounds” Panel Discussion, you’ll hear from Dan Blaylock, President and CEO of Adams-Burch Inc., Kim Gravell, Former Vice President–Innovation and Strategy Management at Cardinal Health, and Pat Larmon, President and CEO of Bunzl Distribution, Inc., about how they are using these concepts to improve profitability at their firms.
- What steps can distributors take immediately to “stop leaving money on the table” in their firm’s main functional areas? Cost-control expert George Swartz will tell you in his session, “Distributors: Don’t Leave Money on the Table!”
During the “Don’t Leave Money on the Table” Panel Discussion, you'll hear from Stephen Beck, Director for Business Integration, Compliance, and PMO at American Tire Distributors, Jayson Folus, Corporate Senior Vice President of Business Intelligence at DPI Specialty Foods, Inc., and Tammy Miller, CEO at Border States Electric Supply, about how they are implementing these valuable cost-control measures at their companies.
- What can business expect from Congress and President Obama leading up to the 2012 elections? Veteran journalist and political commentator Tucker Carlson will tell you in his session, “A Look at the Obama Administration, Congress, and the 2012 Elections.”
What do distributors need to look for—and worry about—as 2012 unfolds? Will gridlock continue its grip on policy makers? Will Congress tackle tax reform? What about the National Labor Relations Board and the Department of Labor regulatory agendas? NAW’s Senior Vice President for Government Relations, Jade West, will share insights in her session, “Washington’s Plans for Your Business in 2012.”