With the completion of a $2 million plant expansion Johnson Refrigerated Truck Bodies in Rice Lake, Wisconsin, will be positioned to better handle the growth of its core business – manufacturing truck bodies.
Additionally, with the development of a state-of-the-art paint facility, Johnson announces the launch of a new Repair and Refurbish Center. This portion of the business will handle high volume painting and refurbishing of trucks/trailers and oversized vehicles.
“The expansion provides us with the ability to pursue new opportunities in truck and trailer refurbishing while simultaneously supporting the increasing production demands of our refrigerated transport equipment,” said Rob Cherry, manager for the new Repair and Refurbish Center.
Highlights of the $2 million expansion include:
* Streamlining new production and support operations into more of a flow line configuration.
* Addition of an express line for high volume repetitive models.
* A stand-alone custom paint center with three downdraft paint booths capable of handling equipment up to 40+ feet in length.
* A consolidated materials distribution center for receiving and allocating materials with greater accuracy, security, and control.
* A steam and high pressure power washing bay.
* A final inspection station for detailing and programming for accurate customer pick up and delivery.