Volvo Deliveries Up 22% in January

March 4, 2008
Total deliveries of trucks from the Volvo Group’s four truck companies have increased 22% since 2007.

Total deliveries of trucks from the Volvo Group’s four truck companies amounted to 20,856 in January this year, which is an increase of 49%, compared with January 2007. Excluding Nissan Diesel, which was not part of the Volvo Group in January 2007, deliveries increased 22%.

Mack deliveries in January totaled 1,382, down 15% compared with the year-earlier period. January last year was still dominated by vehicles equipped with engines compliant with the pre-2007 emission legislation. The current demand is at a low level, and is being impacted by the sluggish economy, and continued downturn in the US housing market.

Renault Trucks deliveries in January totaled 6,612 trucks, up 45% compared with the particularly low deliveries in January last year. In January 2007, deliveries of the light trucks Renault Maxity and Renault Mascott Euro 4 had not started. In Europe, 50% more vehicles were delivered, of which +56% in France. The performance of the Renault Premium ranges is good, with +93% for the Premium Lander, +39% for the Premium Route and + 65% for the Premium Distribution. Deliveries of Renault Magnum increased by 22% and interest for the new Renault Magnum that will be introduced mid-year is high.

Volvo Trucks deliveries during January amounted to 8,971 vehicles, up 15% compared with the year-earlier period. The demand in Europe remains high and deliveries increased by 32%. The total Asian market shows increasing deliveries as well, up 47% compared with the year earlier period, driven by strong demand in Middle East. The North American market is still weakened by the US economic downturn and shows a decline in deliveries by 15%.