Australian companies Enerpac and Cooper Fluid Systems have teamed up to introduce to Queensland’s Bowen Basin a service vehicle fully equipped to bring mobile audit and maintenance services to time-starved mining, energy and infrastructure construction worksites.
Enerpac and Cooper Fluid Systems have comprehensively equipped the Mazda BT 50 mobile workstation to do testing, tool performance verification (to original calibration), certification and other widely needed technologies to save busy customers time by bringing to their workplaces services vital to safety, reliability and avoiding downtime.
The mobile workstation – handed over by global high pressure hydraulics specialist Enerpac to Cooper Fluid Systems this month – is the first such vehicle to be introduced to Australia as part of a worldwide fitout by Enerpac of a fleet of such vehicles. It is one of the first such handovers in the world.
Enerpac says the mobile service brings to the worksite a comprehensive range sophisticated test and maintenance technology that companies would otherwise have to access off-site, piecemeal and frequently with delays to equipment in regular use, including bolting and lifting technologies.
“We have focused our technology expertise at Enerpac and the service expertise of our distributor Coopers Fluid Systems into a single professional package containing all the tools and expertise to do the job. This comprehensive mobile service facility can be delivered where it is needed, when it is needed, without busy companies having to send tools off-site,” says Enerpac National Bolting Manager Pat Molloy.
“This service initiative is particularly timely as resources companies nationally strive to sharpen their competitiveness by avoiding downtime and optimising their safety and throughput,” he said.
Services contained within the vehicle include technology for audits, tool performance verification and certification of all hydraulic tooling commonly deployed on mining, energy and infrastructure construction worksites, including:
- Widely used hydraulic torque wrenches, including square drive and low profile types, which require audits and verification of accuracy for optimum performance and safety
- Hydraulic torque wrench pumps, including air and electric models
- Pumps of all types, including hand, air, electric and petrol-operated Widely used tools including pullers, benders, presses, nut splitters and spreaders
- Double and single-acting cylinders and jacks, plus hollow and aluminium cylinders
- Hoses and fittings for all hydraulic tools to ensure they comply with safety and reliability requirements and are rated for 10,000 PSI (700bar) working pressure