Thermo King has launched the new SB+ line of temperature control units for trailers. The new line, the latest step in the evolution of the SB series, includes the SB-110+, SB-210+ and the SB-310+, all for trailers, and the SB-310R+ for rail applications.
This line of new units was developed to help offset the growing challenges faced by those in the trucking industry: higher fuel costs, higher operating costs and increased driver turnover.
Among several enhancements to the previous units, every new unit comes standard with OptiSetTM Plus, which makes choosing optimum unit settings simple for drivers and reduces errors. OptiSet Plus delivers:
* Optimum cargo protection and improved cargo quality
* Fuel savings when used along with the features of the SR-2 controller
* Maximum shelf life for fresh commodities
* Reduced shipper and driver errors
* A library of more than 500 temperature-sensitive commodity profiles
* The ability to install 64 profiles per unit
* Technology backed by research from food and agricultural industry experts
Also, the SB-210+ offers the option of adding SmartPowerTM, which allows the unit to operate on electric power in addition to being powered by the standard diesel engine. SmartPower saves fuel and can cut operating costs by up to 75 percent, all while helping our environment by reducing harmful emissions.
"The SB+ Series was developed as a direct response to customers' desire for units that are easier to operate, that reduce the risk of errors and that provide lower operating costs by reducing fuel consumption," says Jerry Duppler, trailer product manager for Thermo King. "OptiSet Plus is a powerful tool that provides customers with the assurance that units are operating at optimum efficiency for the specific cargo in each load."