To meet the growing demands of regional-haul fleets, Yokohama Tire released the 114R Ultrawide Base tire for drop deck, closed axle and spread axle trailers. It is available in size 445/50R22.5 now, with 455/50/22.5 available in Q1 2020.
The SmartWay-verified tire succeeds the RY407 with several innovations to ensure optimal value and performance.
“The 114R UWB is specifically designed to meet the demands of high-scrub operations,” said Tom Clauer, Yokohama’s senior manager of commercial and OTR product planning. “It features superior cut and chip resistance, extended tread life, and is optimized for fuel efficiency.”
- Stronger material compound resists cuts and chipping without reducing rolling resistance or wear performance
- 16/32-in. tread depth for more efficiency and longer life
- Redesigned tread pattern to ensure ground contact pressure is uniformly distributed, leading to more stability and better fuel efficiency
- Funnel-shaped step grooves keep rocks and debris from reaching and damaging casing
- Zero-degree belt to create consistently stable footprint for long, even wear; also makes casing highly durable and retreadable
- Six-year unlimited tread warranty
- Weight: 184.5 lbs.
- Width: 17.5 in.
- Diameter: 39.7 in.
- Tread width: 15 in.
- Revolutions/mile: 526
- Max load at cold inflation: 1,200 lbs. at 120psi