Highlights from the May 2018 issue:
- CIMC Intermodal Equipment—Container movement is a critical element of the global supply chain, so it makes perfect sense that the world’s largest IM chassis builder, based in China, already expanded with a new facility in the rolling hills of Virginia.
- NATM Convention Report—Detailed coverage of the National Association of Trailer Manufacturers convention, including a look at emerging trends in trailering and a discussion of coating methods for corrosion protection.
- Mid-America Trucking Show—Specialty trailer manufacturers step up with new trailer introductions.
Editorial: Back to the future: Time for electric trucks?
Cover Story: CIMC Intermodal Equipment—Putting the wheels on world trade. The biggest intermodal chassis builder in the US is getting bigger...
NATM 2018 Convention Coverage:
- NATM celebrates 30th Annual Convention—Fort Worth hosts this year’s big event for the light- and medium-duty trailer industry
- Felling Trailers recognized for sustainability efforts
- Trailering trends: Technology driving change in vehicles
- Coating methods for corrosion protection
- Trailer makers need a place at policy table during ‘interesting time’ in DC
- NATM launches ‘trailer safety’ week, website
Mid-America Trucking Show 2018 coverage:
- Trailers take spotlight at MATS - Strong demand presents challenges, opportunities for industry
- East celebrates 50 years
- XL intros low-deck HDG and next galvanized lowboy
- Talbert spotlights original gooseneck
- Kalyn Siebert’s VersaMAXX supports single-handed towing
- MAC introduces latest pneumatic tank
- Mid-America Trucking Show 2018 trailer, truck-body spotlight
Find articles from other back issues of the magazine in the Issue Archives.
Trailer/Body Builders is the only magazine dedicated to the manufacture, sale, and service of commercial trucks and trailers. Its editorial (which includes ideas for management, production, sales, and marketing) targets upper management of these companies.