Among the equipment displayed in MAC Trailer’s large space at MATS, the new MAC-1680 pneumatic tank trailer stood out. Billed as a trailer that is “revolutionizing” the industry and as the lightest plastic hauler in the world, the trailer comes in with a weight as low as 9,850 lbs.
The food-grade vessel features a monocoque frameless design and a clean bore smooth exterior with external rings. The aluminum vessel has a polished finish, including end cones, and hoppers. The MAC-1680 is topped with four 20-in. manholes with aluminum cams and nylon wear plates.
Among the other specs, for piping/fittings:
• Top Air: 4-in. Aluminum Line with 4-in. BTI BlackMaxx butterfly control valve with Allomaxx disc
• Product Tee: 5-in. x 4-in. BTI SiphonFlow easy open tee
• Product Line: 4-in. Sch. 40 aluminum product line manifold connected to product tees with groove by smooth cam-on couplings
• Optional Front Cleanout: 4-in. cast aluminum cleanout with 4-in. adapter and dust cap located forward of first product tee.
• Discharge Line: 4-in. aluminum tube over axle discharge with 4-in. weld-on adapter and dust cap.
• BTI Spinflow Filter with Air to Air cooler on inlet
• 20-in canister, option to 30-in.
• Two 6-in load lines in rear with option for 4 or 5-in.