The North American Trailer Dealers Association (NATDA) announced the official schedule for the Exclusive Technical Training at the 2016 NATDA Trade Show & Convention Sept. 9 prior to the start of the trade show.
The Exclusive Technical Training will feature tips from the experts at Blue Ox, PullRite Hitches and Cequent Performance Products. The schedule of the training session is as follows:
8:15am-8:50am – Blue Ox
- Gooseneck Hitch with the Quick Flip Ball
Blue Ox installation and technical experts review the Blue Ox gooseneck hitch’s applications and the quick and easy installation that saves labor hours. Technicians will also highlight the radical new design aspects of the hitch: one-person lever-less operation, how the self-cleaning hitch ball feature prevents the ball from seizing in the socket, and the minimal maintenance requirements.
- Swaypro Weight Distributing Hitch
Blue Ox experts will review the Swaypro Weight Distributing Hitch and how its unique design works like the suspension of a truck or car. This presentation reviews the various trailer and hitch setups and the technical features including: how the spring bars and the caster in the trunnions work together to distribute weight and prevent sway. Technicians will also demonstrate how easy it is to install and change the system to accommodate whatever variety of vehicles and trailers.
9:00am-9:40am – PullRite
- Bumper Pull vs. Over the Axle Towing – Which is Better and Why?
- For years this question has been asked. While the common answer is that OTA (Over the Axle) provides a higher load capacity, increased maneuverability and safer, more comfortable towing experience, it requires additional equipment, costly installations and sacrificing the utility of the truck bed. The technical experts from PullRite will explain the dynamic differences in these two types of towing. Providing the attendee with engineering and test data that will give them the information needed to provide their customer with the best possible solution to his/her towing needs. Technical questions pertaining to weight distribution, turning radius, installation productivity and liability, and the current SAE J2638 recommendations will be addressed during this workshop. New innovations in this category will also be presented and discussed. Providing the attendee’s with the necessary information to address a rapidly evolving segment of their business.
9:50am-10:30am – Cequent Performance Products
- Tekonsha and Bulldog (Cequent Performance Products) will present a risk-free way to wire trailer lights and a brake control from the tow vehicle to the trailer without splicing any tow vehicle wires. This is a must for today’s tow vehicles with complex wiring systems that are not factory pre-wired. The Bulldog jack and coupler presentation will provide tips on how to remedy common trailer gooseneck and bumper pull coupler issues. Cequent will also review how to eliminate hydraulic trailer jack systems that leak, fail and require replacement and improve jack speed and performance at the same time.
To register for the 2016 NATDA trade show: CLICK HERE.