General Motors will add a third shift at its Wentzville Assembly plant, creating an estimated 750 new jobs, to build the all-new Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon midsize pickups and Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana full-size vans.
Dealers have ordered nearly 30,000 Colorados, which is very high for early orders. With the midsize trucks, Chevrolet and GMC offer the broadest truck portfolio in the business. No other manufacturer is positioned to offer all truck customers the right truck to meet their varied needs.
To provide Colorado and Canyon customers with an even greater level of choices, Chevrolet and GMC have launched “build-your-own” sites within www.chevrolet.com and www.gmc.com. Both midsize models go on sale this fall.
Among the new trucks’ features:
* Available forward collision alert and lane departure warning
* Payload capacity and trailering capacity of 7,000 pounds (3182 kg) when equipped with the max towing package
* Configurations including an extended cab model with a 6-foot bed, a crew cab with a 5-foot bed and a crew cab with a 6-foot bed
* Standard CornerStep rear bumper and easy lift and lower tailgate pioneered on the 2014 Silverado
* Built-in OnStar 4GLTE connectivity that makes the truck a Wi-Fi hotspot capable of supporting up to seven devices.