Miller Electric recently updated its Insight Centerpoint weld data monitoring software and added ArcAgent for Insight Core to its universal weld data monitoring solutions, which work across an entire welding fleet—regardless of manufacturer.
The arc welding equipment manufacturer said Centerpoint 10 is designed for greater ease of use, faster startup time and a drastically shortened learning curve. Offering guidance and control within the weld cell, Centerpoint helps operations detect missed welds, verify proper weld sequences and ensure consistent weld quality in manufacturing applications such as heavy equipment and transportation.
“Insight Centerpoint is the most established, advanced data monitoring solution in the industry,” said Jason Bonnell, product manager for Miller Insight Welding Intelligence. “Centerpoint 10 includes a completely new interface to enhance the capabilities for navigation and self-discovery of features, making the software easier to use.”
The improved interface results in faster setup time and includes a customizable operator interface that shows information relevant to the user across all screen sizes, Miller said. Enhanced capabilities of the software include the following:
- Drag and drop part creation eliminates the hassle of dialogue boxes when importing digital assets such as videos, pictures, documents and other media. Simply drag and drop into the new Centerpoint media manager. Also, users can create a part completely within the Centerpoint program, eliminating the need to create the part outside of the program and import it in.
- Slide master allows users to create a customizable theme slide that applies across all slides, which saves time when large changes are required.
- Centralized database allows users to create parts and jobs to be done from their office and deploy the updates to the shop floor without traveling to the weld cell.
- Integrated reports, an improved built-in reporting tool that displays productivity and quality data as well as welder activities—viewable by device or by individual operator.
- Browser-based reporting allows anyone within the enterprise to view the weld quality and productivity data collected from the welding operation through Centerpoint software on a localized server.
- Job tracking records all activities that go into the creation of a welded product. A browser-based user interface eliminates the need for a PC in the workstation, allowing an operator to easily record everything that goes into creating a part, such as base material and filler metal type.
Insight Centerpoint 10 also includes many software features from the previous version. Part Tracking technology provides real-time operator feedback to prevent missed welds, ensure accurate weld sequence and confirm proper welding parameters. WorkFlow technology enables users to present electronic work instructions for pre, intra and post-weld activities using video, PDF and many other digital documents for consistent standardized production from every operator.
ArcAgent for Insight Core is a cloud-based system that delivers a full understanding of a company’s welding productivity and quality metrics, Miller maintained.
“This brand-neutral solution brings the benefits of Miller Insight Core software to any machine—new or old—in a company’s welding fleet for a complete picture of productivity,” Bonnell said. “This opens the door for full reporting on a shop floor even with a mixed fleet.”
The ArcAgent for Insight Core system uses either a wired or wireless internet connection to communicate to the cloud. The system has the ability via external sensors to monitor voltage, current, two wire feed speeds and gas flow, which allows for complete analysis of an operation based on its established productivity and quality goals. Like all Insight Core systems, there are no required data or maintenance fees.
ArcAgent solutions, the devices that enable weld data software integration with any brand of welding power source, previously were available only with Miller Insight Centerpoint software. This new offering expands the ArcAgent family of products, making the Insight Core solution available for any power source.
Insight Core systems include these features:
- Productivity dashboard, providing instant visibility of arc-on time and wire deposition by location, work cell, power source or operator.
- Quality dashboard, for analysis and reporting of all welds, revealing when quality fails to meet established thresholds for amps, volts and wire feed speed.
- Goals dashboard, which shows progress toward continuous improvement goals set for improving arc-on time, deposition rates and arc starts.
- Analytics tools allowing for weld data analysis based on individual/cell performance as well as seeing a welding operation from a financial point of view.
- Notifications by email based on desired frequency and subject.
For more information, visit MillerWelds.com.