FANUC America, the leading supplier of CNCs, robotics, and ROBOMACHINEs has introduced the LR Mate 200iD/14L, the tenth model variation of the popular LR Mate series of tabletop industrial robots. Since the LR Mate series was launched nearly 30 years ago, it has become one of FANUC’s biggest sellers, with over 70,000 units installed across the globe.
The LR Mate can process or handle parts weighing up to 14kg in the automotive, e-commerce and warehousing, and many other industries. Ten models include clean room and wash proof versions, each with various wrist speeds and reaches to accommodate even the most limited workspace.
“The LR Mate was introduced in 1992, and has been deployed in a variety of traditional manufacturing and service applications. Some of the most interesting things we’ve seen this robot do include serving coffee, fulfilling orders in retail stores, and even preparing fast foods,” said Carolyn Chase, product manager, LR Mate robot series, FANUC America.
The LR Mate 200iD robots offer a “best in class” work envelope for both upright and invert mount installations. These small tabletop robots can be equipped with a variety of intelligent features including robot vision and force sensing functionality for even higher levels of accuracy and productivity.
LR Mate 200iD Features and Benefits
- Slim arm and compact footprint minimizes interference to peripheral devices in tight spaces.
- Available in three variations: standard, short, and long arm.
- 4kg to 14kg wrist load capacity with up to six-axis articulation.
- Best in class work envelope simplifies system layout.
- Fastest joint axes speeds maximize system throughput.
- Integrated 24VDC power, signal and air for easy end-of-arm-tool connection.
- Integrated thru-arm cable option for iRVision, force sensing, Ethernet and auxiliary axes.
- Flexible mounting (upright, invert, angle).
- High rigidity and the most advanced servo technology enable smooth motion at high speeds.
- Easy integration into machines.
- Features lightest mechanical unit in its class.
- Standard IP67 rating allows operation in factory environments with dust and oil mist; many variants have an optional IP69K rating for wash proof, clean room or food grade environments.