Mack Trucks has named Tri-State Truck Center, Inc. of Memphis, Tenn., its 2012 North American Distributor of the Year.
The annual award recognizes the top-performing distributors within Mack’s North American dealer network based on sales, facilities, service, general management, customer satisfaction, parts, personnel and community service.
Tri-State Truck Center has a history of excellent service spanning more than 65 years in Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas. Owned by Jim and Rod Maddox, Tri-State consistently invests in its seven full-service branches and recently constructed new dealerships in Jackson, Miss., in 2009 and in Tupelo, Miss., in 2006, to improve the customer experience.
Tri-State is one of the highest volume Mack dealers in the U.S., with retail sales increasing 40 percent in 2012 compared with 2011. The company has been distinguished by Mack numerous times, most recently as the Southeast Regional Distributor of the Year in 2010 and the North American Distributor of the Year, also in 2010. Additionally, the company was honored as the Mack Leasing System North American Distributor of the Year in 2009.
Mack also named 2012 winners for each of its U.S. regional sales divisions:
- Northeast Region: Gabrielli Truck Group, Queens, N.Y.
- Southeast Region: Tri-State Truck Center, Inc., Memphis, Tenn.
- Central Region: Scaffidi Truck Center, Stevens Point, Wis.
- Southwest Region: Shipley Motor Equipment Co., Lowell Division, Lowell, Ark.
- Western Region: Mountain West Truck Center, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Canada Region: Redhead Equipment Ltd., Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
The North American Used Truck Distributor of the Year award was given to Bruckner Truck Sales of Amarillo, Texas. Bruckner Leasing Co., Inc., based in Fort Worth, Texas received the Mack Leasing System North American Distributor of the Year award.