The Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association (HDMA), the commercial vehicle division of the Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA), will present a panel discussion with aftermarket executives moderated by John Blodgett, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, MacKay & Company at Heavy Duty Aftermarket Dialogue (HDAD) on Monday, January 25, 2021 at 1:30 pm EST.
“Parts & Service: The Fleet Perspective” will feature Gerry Mead, Executive Vice President, Maintenance & Equipment, Hub Group; Mari Roberts, Senior Director, Transportation, Frito-Lay; and Amanda Schuier, Senior Vice President, Quality Transport Co. The panelists will discuss changes in the aftermarket and lasting lessons from the pandemic, giving their perspectives on the impact of COVID-19 on trade cycles, parts purchasing, maintenance practices, inventory practices, and supplier expectations. Additionally, the panel will share successful practices inside their businesses, including technology advances, component specifications, and service issues.
HDAD ‘21 is co-presented by HDMA and MacKay & Company and will immediately precede the fully virtual Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week (HDAW) 2021. HDAD is traditionally held as a conference, networking, and kick-off for suppliers attending HDAW. This year, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, HDAD will be held virtually and feature presentations and panel discussions with industry experts on topics including:
A real-world view of pandemic strategies, successes and failures, and looking towards what’s next
- What to expect of the 2021 DC administration
- Macro-economic trends that will impact the industry
- MacKay & Company’s Truckable Economic Activity report; and
- Technology changes forced into the distribution chain by the pandemic and what will stick.
Other speakers currently scheduled will include:
- Al Dragone – Chief Executive Officer, FleetPride
- Chris Patterson – Independent Director
- Tyler Robertson – Chief Executive Officer, Diesel Laptops
- Jeffrey Rosensweig – Director, John Robson Program in Business, Public Policy, and Government, Goizueta Business School of Emory University; and
- Ann Wilson – Senior Vice President, Government Affairs, MEMA.
Additional speakers and panelists will be announced soon. For more information and to register, visit https://www.hdma.org/content/heavy-duty-aftermarket-dialogue.