GMC introduced the 2017 Sierra HD All Terrain X, the most off-road-capable model in the Sierra HD lineup, and one that matches its enhanced capability with trail-ready style and the brand’s signature refinement.
It joins Canyon and Sierra 1500 this fall as the third model in GMC’s distinctive, limited-edition All Terrain X series, offered on the Sierra 2500HD crew cab 4WD with a 6.0L gas V-8 engine or the all-new, next-generation Duramax 6.6L V-8 turbo-diesel. More powerful than ever, the new Duramax delivers a segment-topping SAE-certified 445 hp (332 kW) and an SAE-certified 910 lb.-ft. of torque (1,234 Nm).
“The new Sierra HD All Terrain X’s powerful attitude reflects a popular trend in very capable off-road trucks, executed with a range-topping level of refinement — a combination of attributes GMC has cultivated for years,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of GMC Sales and Marketing. “And with the new, available Duramax 6.6L, this truck more than matches its bold good looks with true professional-grade capability.”
The All Terrain X’s customized appearance blends a premium package of monochromatic exterior trim and special equipment, complemented with GMC’s latest technologies. Content includes:
- 18-inch black-painted aluminum wheels
- LT275/65R18 Goodyear Duratrac MT-rated tires that feature an aggressive tread pattern for outstanding off-road performance
- A unique body-color grille surround with All Terrain insert
- Body-color door handles and bodyside moldings
- Black power-adjustable heated and power-folding trailering mirrors with integrated turn signals, LED rear guidance lamps and LED amber clearance lamps
- Black belt moldings, front bumper skidplate and B-pillars
- 4-inch black sport side steps
- Black sport bar (mounted in the bed) designed to support available GMC Accessories LED off-road driving lamps
- Offered in Black Onyx and Summit White exterior colors
Additional All Terrain equipment includes a spray-on bedliner, Front and Rear Park Assist, the Z71 off-road suspension package, underbody shield, heated steering wheel and all-weather floor liners. The Eaton automatic locking rear differential is also standard.
The 2017 Sierra 2500HD All Terrain X also features GMC IntelliLink with an 8-inch-diagonal color touchscreen, Teen Driver, remote-locking tailgate, remote starting system, Rear Vision Camera, adjustable pedals, leather-appointed seats, heated front seats and wireless charging.