The Advanced Clean Transportation (ACT) Expo, North America’s largest advanced clean transportation event, recently finalized the full speaker lineup, including Meritor’s Jay Craig, for its 2018 conference April 30-May 4 at the Long Beach Convention Center in Southern California.
Craig, the CEO and president of Meritor, a leading component manufacturer, will deliver the keynote address.
ACT Expo attendees can hear from 125-plus industry experts throughout the week-long event in a series of workshops, technical sessions and co-located partner events. Connected vehicle technologies, fuel efficiency improvement strategies, and equipment and drivetrain electrification are key focal points for the 2018 show, set against the backdrop of increased use of alternative fuels, innovative powertrain solutions, and economic and environmental fleet sustainability.
“This year’s ACT Expo agenda brings together the leading fleet operators, OEMs, technology providers, fuel suppliers and other industry stakeholders to share insight into the business case behind their commitment to deploying and developing advanced technologies and alternative fuel vehicles while expanding infrastructure,” said Erik Neandross, CEO of GNA, a clean transportation consulting firm and producers of the event.
“Attendees will learn how low carbon fuels and advanced vehicle technologies will provide fleets with a competitive advantage in the near- and long-term.”
The keynote presentation by Craig will provide insight from his decade-long experience in executive positions at Meritor. Craig will discuss the company’s global vision and goals, where they see the market going and how it changed its strategy to integrate electric vehicle components into its portfolio.
Other featured speakers include:
· Thomas Madrecki, Director of Urban Innovation and Mobility, UPS
· Michael O'Connell, Vice President Supply Chain, Fleet Sustainability, Frito Lay
· Mary Nichols, Chair, California Air Resource Control Board
· Joshua Schank, Chief Innovation Officer, Office of Extraordinary Information, LA Metro
· Heather Tomley, Director of Environmental Planning, Port of Long Beach
· Madhav Acharya, Technology to Market Advisor, ARPA-E Department of Energy
· Lauren Skiver, CEO & General Manager, Sunline Transit
· Tamara Barker, Chief Sustainability Officer & VP of Environmental Affairs, UPS
· Bill Bliem, Senior Vice President Fleet Services, NFI Industries
· Bill Combs, Director of Connected Fleet, Penske Truck Leasing
· Elizabeth Fretheim, Director of Sustainability, Walmart
· Julie Furber, Executive Director of Electrification, Cummins
· Timothy Papandreou, Strategic Partnerships Manager, Waymo
· Janea Scott, Commissioner, California Energy Commission
· Kenneth Williams, Fleet Maintenance Superintendent, Kansas City Int'l Airport
The 2018 ACT Expo program is planned in partnership with leading industry associations, including the North American Council for Freight Efficiency (NACFE), Propane Education and Research Council (PERC), Businesses for Social Responsibility (BSR), California Hydrogen Business Council, Securing America’s Future Energy (SAFE) and the U.S. Department of Energy Clean Cities team, among others.
Additional speakers will be added over the next few weeks. Sign up by April 27 to save $100. Special rates are available for fleets.
For more information, visit www.actexpo.com.