Reading Truck Body has unveiled its newest steel enclosed van body, the RVSL Steelhawk. Built to meet the overwhelming demand for a steel enclosed body solution that will fit the Ford Transit Cutaway, the RVSL Steelhawk introduces the newest generation of reengineered Ready Van SL (RVSL) bodies. It weighs up to 700 pounds less than the current RVSL models without compromising functionality or durability and has the capability to withstand up to 4,000 pounds of load carrying capacity. Production has begun in Claremore, OK, in the former Caseco Manufacturing facility, which Reading acquired in 2017.
“The RVSL Steelhawk combines the strength of steel with computer-aided engineering to optimize weight, usability and quality with the industry-leading reliability our customers have come to expect from Reading,” said John Tak, Senior Director of Marketing and Product Management. “Reading created the first all-aluminum truck body over 35 years ago and continues to make innovation a priority. We’re excited to introduce the latest addition to our Reading family at this year’s Work Truck Show.”
Reading puts each truck body through rigorous testing to ensure they can stand up to the demands of its customers’ work. The RVSL Steelhawk provides a high strength enclosed body built with A60 galvannealed steel construction for optimal corrosion-resistance, as well as a rugged diamond-plate steel floor for better grip and slip resistance.
RVSL Steelhawk features an impressive list of standard features and options that include:
• A60 galvannealed steel construction for long-lasting performance
• Galvanized shelves and easily accessible compartments and panels
• Durable, slip resistant steel diamond plate floor
• Latch-Matic keyless entry system
• Lockable rear access conduit doors
• Smooth operating steel cab access door
• Tall clearance solid rear doors with available visibility package windows
• LED cargo area dome lights with switch and grab handle
• LED combination stop, tail, turn and reverse lights with weather tight connectors
• Masterack cargo shelf packages and options available to organize storage