Wabash National Corporation (NYSE: WNC) has awarded 10 students with scholarships that represent a combined total award of $50,000.
“We are pleased to support our associates and their families as they further their education,” said Bill Pitchford, senior vice president of human resources. “We are very proud of these students and their achievements, and wish them much success as they pursue their career aspirations.”
Scholarship recipients are:
- Megan Deck, a 2015 graduate of Western High School in Russiaville, Indiana
- Olivia Engelhardt, a 2015 graduate of Laconia High School in Rosendale, Wisconsin
- Maddison Kintner, a 2015 graduate of Benton Central Junior-Senior High School in Oxford, Indiana
- Hannah Linville, a 2015 graduate of Brownsburg High School in Brownsburg, Indiana
- Ashleigh Martin, a 2015 graduate of Jefferson High School in Lafayette, Indiana
- Austin Neal, a 2015 graduate of Franklin Heights High School in Columbus, Ohio
- Melanie Robles, a 2015 graduate of William Henry Harrison High School in West Lafayette, Indiana
- Alexandria Rogers, a 2015 graduate of Benton Central Junior-Senior High School in Oxford, Indiana
- Elijah Sheffield, a 2015 graduate of Bergman High School in Harrison, Arkansas
- Jayson Smith, a 2015 graduate of Seeger Memorial Junior-Senior High School in West Lebanon, Indiana
Wabash National’s annual scholarship program provides each recipient with a one-time $5,000 scholarship award to help cover costs at any accredited college, university or technical school. Established in 1990, scholarships are awarded to children of Wabash National associates who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership and strong extracurricular involvement.
Scholarship recipients were selected by a committee headed by Dr. Doug Miller, assistant superintendent of secondary education for Tippecanoe School Corporation. Selection is based on a student’s grade point average, SAT scores and extracurricular activities.