3M is expanding its commercial vehicle (CV) product line with the addition of CV90F to its VHB CV tape family.
The company says its VHB tapes, introduced in 1980, are utilized in the transportation industry for permanent attachment of sidewall and roof panels on commercial vehicles such as cargo trailers, truck bodies, ambulances, fire trucks, buses and rail cars.
“3M pioneered the use of durable acrylic foam tapes to attach sidewall panels and roofs on cargo trailers, eliminating the need for screws and rivets,” the company claimed.
VHB tape gives manufacturers fast and easy assembly, high performance and unmatched support and technical expertise, 3M maintained, helping the cargo trailer industry build dependable trailers customers can rely on year after year.
3M said its new CV90F tape product:
- Offers a balance of strength and conformability with gray, 0.090-inch (2.3-millimeter), multi-purpose adhesive and conformable acrylic foam core.
- Bonds on contact by utilizing pressure-sensitive adhesive to provide immediate handling strength.
- Allows use in applications requiring higher gap tolerances and allowing more shear strain movement due to thermal expansion.
- Is the recommended option for applications like bonding panels to roof bows or tall sidewall panels.
- Provides virtually invisible fastening and keeps surfaces smooth.
- Creates a permanent seal against water, moisture and more.
- Is 40% quieter and experiences 31% less vibration than mechanically fastened sidewalls at highway speeds.
The new CV90F tape, available now in the US, complements 3M’s existing VHB CV tape products, CV45F and CV62F, with increased thickness, shear strain movement and gap filling properties, the company said.
For more information, visit 3M.com/VHB.