The Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association, the heavy-duty division of the Motor Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA), and MacKay & Company have announced the speakers for a panel discussion during the 4th Annual Heavy Duty Aftermarket Dialogue (HDAD) conference, to be held January 25, 2016, at The Mirage in Las Vegas, Nevada, immediately preceding Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week 2016.
Mike Eppes, Managing Vice President - Parts, Rush Enterprises, Inc.
Lee Long, Director of Fleet Services, Southeast Freight Lines
John Minor, Vice President & COO, Midwest Wheel Companies
Javier Rodriquez, CEO, J&R Fleet Services
Bill Ryan, Chairman & CEO, Point Spring & Driveshaft Co.
Kyle Treadway, President & Dealer Principal, Kenworth Sales Company
Session Leader: Mike Delaney, President & CEO, WheelTime
Their panel, 360° View of the Heavy Duty Aftermarket, will discuss the most significant issues impacting shop and parts operations today, issues impacting business now and trends unfolding today. Panelists will discuss the following topics.
1. Changing Technology:
• The increase of interaction between components and how it leads to diagnostic challenge
• The potential for upstream impacts on downstream components
• How tool and information access and cost issues impacting some service providers harder than others
2. Increased Telematics:
• The effect of multiple OE programs for telematics on fleets with a variety of equipment types
• Programs that may be available and effective for second and third owners
3. New Emissions Challenges:
• New emissions technologies impacting service operations and their costs
• Parts availability in the OE and aftermarket industries
• Technical skills and diagnostics needed
• Jobs areas with the highest shortage, and the impacts and implications
• The change in skills required for the workforce
• The competition for people, and who has the advantage
5. Training Challenges:
• What training is available to keep up with the technology challenges today
• Resources for fleets and service providers for training to meet today’s challenges
For more information on HDAD ‘16, please visit www.hdma.org.