OTC DAIHEN, a supplier of manual and robotic welding systems, plans to celebrate multiple company anniversaries with an open house featuring 11 technical demonstrations Wednesday, May 22, at its USA Headquarters in Tipp City OH.
DAIHEN Corporation began business 100 years ago as Osaka Transformer Company (OTC) in 1919, manufacturing power transformers for the growing industrial age. In 1934, production commenced on electric welding machines, beginning a legacy of advancing welding technology. Innovation expanded to arc welding robots in 1980, securing the company’s influence on automated welding.
DAIHEN has a reputation for advancing the technology of manual and robotic welding systems. Forty years ago, in 1979, the company brought its welding systems to the United States with the establishment of OTC DAIHEN.
“I am pleased to celebrate the significant milestones of our company’s history in advancing fabrication and welding technology,” said Masanobu Uchida, president and CEO of OTC DAIHEN.
The open house celebration, slated for 11 am to 7 pm, will include:
- Anniversary ceremony at 1:30 pm
- Local food and drink
- Facility tours
- Manual and robotic product technical demonstrations, including:
- Robotic TIG weld art
- Synchro-feed no spatter robotic welder
- AC-MIG hard-facing with robotic welder
- FD-V100 part finishing robotic cell
- ED-ARC education robotic weld cell
- FD-QT weld seam finding and tracking robotic welder
- Synchro-motion robot and positioner
- Hands-on welding in MIG and TIG manual welding booths
- Touch-sense part finding
- Auto-Cal bent torch detection and correction
- Robotic programming tutorial
Presentations to include:
- OTC Daihen History of Innovation
- Robotic Welding for Small Companies & Job Shops
- Material Handling Robotics
“This will be a celebration we share with our employees and their families, our industry partners and most of all, our new prospects and valued customers,” said Mike Monnin, general manager of OTC DAIHEN.