Wanted: Service Manager
The people of Houston look to our company when they need a trailer or maintenance done on their trailer. Now, we are looking to you!
The past year has been one of expansion and growth for us. New business is pushing our current leadership staff’s ability to manage, and we need a Service Manager to help carry the load.
We are looking for an experienced service manager to run our trailer service department. Trailer experience is preferred, but will consider heavy trucking, machine shop, auto dealership, or repair shop experience. Strong customer service skills are also desired. A strong network of good mechanics and service writers is a big plus.
This is a position of great responsibility. You will be responsible for the following:
• supervising the activity of the service writers
• monitoring the activity of a team of mechanics/technicians
• tracking work-in-process through company software
• QCing jobs before the trailer/truck is returned to the customer
• communicate with customers, both during jobs and in case of quality concerns/issues
• work with parts manager and GM to ensure parts inventory meets store needs
• being “the boss” for service team
- first line of defense for employee/HR issues
- track schedule/calendar for time off
- identify & grow the next generation of leaders
- counsel/discipline when necessary
• report revenue/profitability data to GM/Owner
• assist other managers in daily open & close activities
• work with marketing team in responding to reviews
It is an exciting time here, as there are many new things happening, and an infusion of new blood is what we’re looking for. If you are up to this challenge, let’s talk. Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Service Manager,” and we’ll be in touch.