Vice President Of Engineering
JOST International, a leading global manufacturer of fifth wheels, landing gear, king pins and bearing turntables is seeking to fill a Vice President Of Engineering role. This position is located in our Grand Haven, Michigan corporate location. This position will manage all Engineering activities within the organization. The VP Of Engineering will facilitate R & D projects, provide support to the various JOST departments, work with manufacturing for operations needs as well as provide strategic improvements and cost savings initiatives which align to key business objectives. To be successful, this role will require someone who is an accomplished engineering professional with proven leadership talents, has a technical product background, is a forward thinker, and has in depth planning propensities along with ingenuity and problem solving expertise.
Areas Of Responsibility: Include, but are not limited to:
• Develop JOST International’s products to a prototype that meets the defined (pre-production) requirements. Prepare an appropriate documentation and transfer it to the product engineers of the plant for industrialization.
• Keep JOST International’s products on an appropriate technological level, if technological change opens new opportunities.
• Ensure that all JOST International’s products meet the industry and customer technical standards, including safety requirements.
• Organize the technical documentation for the products in a way that is efficient to use and maintain for all involved departments and in a way that meets the Quality Management Systems requirements.
• Support sales activities with technical advice and product documentation.
• Ability to effectively lead engineering teams by engaging, coaching, developing and mentoring.
• Act as a positive change agent and drive continuous improvement initiatives that realize positive impact in the organization.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Sciences.
• Previous experience in the trucking industry or similar industry in a leadership capacity would be desirable.
• Thorough knowledge of industry products, industry market requirements, industry customer requirements.
• Excellent project management, analytical, organization and communication skills.
• Solid working knowledge in the Microsoft Suite of products; SAP a plus.
• Ability to gain in depth knowledge of company products, quality, environmental and safety policies and procedures.
Qualified candidates may send a current and detailed resume with a brief letter of introduction by e-mail to: [email protected].
JOST International offers a competitive salary and bonuses potential. JOST has an excellent benefit package which includes; Health Insurance, Health Savings Account (HSA), Group Life & and 401k. Voluntary insurances are also available; Vision, Voluntary Life, Accident/Critical Illness, Long-Term Disability and more. JOST International participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.