Trailer Design Engineer
Craftsmen Industries is looking to add an experienced trailer design engineer. This person would use their trailer design experience to complement the existing talent of our staff while expanding into various products and solutions Craftsmen Industries creates. Check out our galleries of projects at www.Craftsmenind.com. The Design Engineer is responsible for all creative and detail design for a given project.
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
• Take projects from conceptual to fabrication drawings. The engineer is expected to manage time wisely and self-prioritize to meet tight deadlines.
• Interface with sales, clients, and estimating to understand the project scope.
• Communicate with shop floor on a daily basis for design concerns and work schedule.
• Source and quote products for the project. Interface with the purchasing dept. to provide materials per the project schedule. Review designs for safety and liability considerations.
• Projects may include steel structures, aluminum structures, hydraulics, visual elements, electrical and controls, mobile structures, etc. The engineer must be willing to learn multiple disciplines.
Skills / Education:
• Education: BS in Mechanical Engineering & 1-5 years’ experience
• Computer Skills: 3D solid modeling, Solidworks preferred, basic 2D Autocad used occasionally
• Skills in hydraulics, plumbing, HVAC, lighting, Finite Element Analysis (FEA), electric control systems, PLC Programming, and cabinet building is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
Apply on-line at:
See all our openings for office and shop floor. We are always looking for valued team members.