Peterbilt’s special edition Model 389—which features a show-truck ready look—is in production with the Pride & Class model.
“Peterbilt has defined the look of trucking for generations and the new Model 389 Pride & Class embodies that spirit of bold design and legendary craftsmanship,” said Darrin Siver, Peterbilt general manager and Paccar vice president. “Stylistically this truck deserves a place on a pedestal or in a museum, but it is every bit the workhorse that customers expect from a Peterbilt. It’s a head-turning tribute to an industry classic that keeps on innovating.”
The Pride & Class edition features bright exterior accessories and interior accents. Insignias in the cab and on the sleeper identify the Model 389 as an exclusive Pride & Class edition.
The truck includes classic Peterbilt features such as:
- A louvered grille design reminiscent of Peterbilt’s Model 351 (first manufactured in 1954) and manufactured from durable polished steel;
- A highly polished hood crown;
- A brightly polished hood spine;
- Polished metal hood air intake vents fashioned in the style of the original 1939’s egg crate grille pattern and integrated with the Peterbilt logo;
- Bright metal front fenders evocative of the Model 379X;
- Large polished exterior sun visor, bumper and exhaust stacks;
- Polished rocker panels complementing the bright cowl skirts, battery box, fuel tanks and trimmed mud flaps.
The Model 389 Pride & Class edition is standard with Peterbilt’s Platinum interior and features many unique accents, such as arctic gray color complemented by a charcoal dash top; blackwood trim accents throughout, including the dash, door pads and sleeper cabinets; chrome door handles, bright-bezel gauges and a special four-spoke metal steering wheel with leather wrap; and bright shifter plate with Pride & Class logo and a blackwood shifter knob.
Premium black leather seats with the Pride & Class emblem embroidered in the headrests and thick black carpeting throughout the cab and sleeper are also included.
The model can be ordered as a day cab or with a 72- or 78-in. sleeper.