In this series, 6-speed Allison Automatics are paired with the International 6.6-liter turbocharged diesel engine. Additionally, the Allison-equipped International CV Series trucks are rated at up to 22,900 pounds GVWR, and capable of 37,500 lbs GCWR.
“The exceptionally durable and high-performing Allison 1000/2000 Series transmissions are ideally suited to partner with the International CV Series’ commercial-grade power, reliability and practicality,” said Rohan Barua, vice president of North America OEM sales at Allison.
Standard and available Allison transmission features in the International CV Series include:
- Power Take-Off (PTO) option enables users to run power auxiliary equipment such as dump truck bodies, tow truck winches, hydraulic tools and bucket lifts
- Close-ratio 6-speeds, with double overdrive, to climb challenging terrain and maximize fuel economy
- Ideal integration with the powerful International 6.6L diesel V8. Under a collaborative engineering effort, the Allison 1000/2000 Series transmissions are optimized to take advantage of International’s robust 350 horsepower and 700 foot-pound of torque
- Available on rugged-duty, motorhome and emergency vehicle transmission applications, Allison Automatics allow rescue vehicles to accelerate faster and ease the integration of body and pumping equipment
- Allison’s patented Continuous Power Technology delivers smooth, seamless, full-power shifts, as well as superior acceleration in the CV Series
- Allison FuelSense 2.0 electronic controls for increased fuel economy and Dynamic Shift Sensing might be available for future releases
Allison Automatics provide the greatest value in the market by combining enhanced performance and fuel economy, greater operational flexibility, and improved driver comfort and control.
The combination of Allison 1000/2000 transmission and International CV Series Class 4/5 trucks accommodates a range of specialized body types, including construction, urban delivery, landscaping and emergency vehicle.