Skip navigation

Volvo Group’s deliveries up 13% in North America

Total deliveries of trucks from the Volvo Group's three truck companies increased 2% overall and 13% in North America through May this year, compared with the year-earlier period.

Overall, deliveries from Mack rose 11%, while deliveries from Renault Trucks were up 7%. Deliveries from Volvo Trucks decreased 4% during the period. Deliveries from Mack through May totaled 16,054 units, up 11% from the same period a year ago. The deliveries figures continue to reflect the strong order environment from late 2005 through the first quarter 2006. Order intake in May continued to slow down from historical high levels, as production slots for pre-EPA '07-compliant truck models became filled for the rest of 2006.

Deliveries from Renault through May totalled 33,811 trucks, a rise of 7% compared with the year-earlier period. Deliveries in Europe rose by 13% with deliveries in France up 9%. In Germany, the deliveries increased 12% and in Spain they rose 16%. The two ranges that reached the best increases were the Renault Mascott (7%) and Renault Premium (11%).

Volvo Trucks' deliveries during the period January-May amounted to 42,516 vehicles, a decrease of 4% compared with the year-earlier period. The reduction can be explained by lower delivery volumes to Iran. Excluding this market, deliveries increased by 9%. Deliveries in North America and Europe increased by 17% and 10% respectively. On the Polish and Russian markets, the positive trend continued with deliveries increasing by 83% (943 vehicles) and 95% (825 vehicles). Germany saw an increase of 32% with deliveries totalling 2,052 vehicles (1,550). In North America deliveries increased by 17% with the number of trucks delivered totalling 15,036 vehicles (12,892).

Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.