Mack Trucks, Inc. today announced the recipients of its 2006 Distributor of the Year awards, honoring high-performing distributors in its U.S. and Canada business units.
Categories included in the selection criteria include sales, facilities, personnel, leasing, service, parts, general management, customer satisfaction and community service.
Bruckner Truck Sales, Amarillo, Texas, was selected U.S. Distributor of the Year. Bruckner operates 9 locations in Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico, and has been a Mack distributor since 1948. B.M. "Bennie" Bruckner, Sr. founded Bruckner's Garage in Amarillo, Texas, in 1932, and grew the business through a commitment to customer service. The company is led today by his son, Ben Bruckner, Jr. In 2006, Bruckner replaced its Amarillo location with a state-of-the-art, 96,000-square-foot facility, with 32 service bays.
In addition to Bruckner Truck Sales, which represents the Southwest Region, other 2006 U.S. regional winners include:
- Northeast Region: TransEdge Truck Centers, Allentown, PA.
- Central Region: Indiana Truck Sales & Service, Inc., Indianapolis, IN.
- Southeast Region: Tri-State Truck Center, Memphis, TN.
- Western Region: Mountain West Truck Center, Salt Lake City, Utah.
Nortrux, Inc., Edmonton, Alberta, was named Mack Canada Distributor of the Year. Nortrux was founded in 1987 as Northern Mack. Art Langner, president and general manager of Nortrux, is one of the company’s founders. Nortrux acquired three new locations in February 2007 and now has a total of five dealerships in Alberta. The company’s dedication to quality service was demonstrated when it became the first truck dealership in Canada to achieve IS09001 registration.
Vanguard Truck Centers, Houston, Texas, was named Mack Used Truck Dealer of the Year.
Mack also recently selected the recipients of its Mack Leasing System Dealer of the Year awards.
STAG Leasing, Inc., Fort Myers, Florida, was named U.S. Mack Leasing System Dealer of the Year. It was also the winner for Mack’s Southeast Region. STAG Leasing is part of Steele Truck Center.
The other U.S. regional winners are:
- Northeast Region: Lesher Leasing, Inc. (Lesher Mack Sales and Service) Lebanon, PA.
- Central Region: Mack Lease of Omaha, L.L.C. (Wise Mack, Inc.) Omaha, NE.
- Southwest Region: Bruckner Leasing Co., (Bruckner Truck Sales, Inc.), Amarillo, TX.
- Western Region: TEC Leasing (TEC Equipment), Portland, OR.
- 401 Trucksource, Inc., Windsor, Ontario, was named Canada Mack Leasing System Dealer of the Year.
“One of the enduring hallmarks of Mack’s reputation is our dealers’ dedication to customer service,” said Kevin Flaherty, Mack senior vice president of sales. “Our 2006 honorees exemplify the high standards customers expect from all parts of the Mack organization. I congratulate each distributor and their employees for their accomplishments.”