The global medium and heavy trucks market shrank by 2.9% in 2008 to reach a value of $295.4 billion, according to Research and Markets’s new report, "Medium & Heavy Trucks: Global Industry Almanac."
Other news from the report:
- In 2013, the global medium and heavy trucks market is forecast to have a value of $456.1 billion, an increase of 54.4% since 2008.
- The global medium and heavy trucks market shrank by 5.5% in 2008 to reach a volume of 6.7 million units.
- In 2013, the global medium and heavy trucks market is forecast to have a volume of 9.3 million units, an increase of 39.7% since 2008.
- Sales of CVs account for 73.2% of the global medium and heavy truck markets volume.
- The Americas account for 51.8% of the global medium and heavy trucks market.
- Daimler/Mercedes account for 5.6% of the global medium and heavy trucks markets volume.
The report includes detailed data on market size and segmentation, textual analysis of the key trends and competitive landscape, and profiles of the leading companies.
The medium and heavy trucks market includes commercial vehicles (CVs), buses and coaches (BCs), heavy commercial vehicles (HCVs) and heavy buses and coaches (HBCs). CVs and BCs weigh 3.51 to 16 tonnes and include pick-ups and vans where they fall into this weight range. HCVs and HBCs weigh over 16 tonnes. The market value is calculated in terms of manufacturer selling price (MSP), and excludes all taxes and levies.
Scope of the report:
- Contains an executive summary and data on value, volume and segmentation
- Provides textual analysis of the industry's prospects, competitive landscape and profiles of the leading companies
- Incorporates in-depth five forces competitive environment analysis and scorecards
- Covers the Global, European and Asia-Pacific markets as well as individual chapters on 5 major markets (France, Germany, Japan, the UK and the US).
- Includes a five-year forecast of the industry
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c996a3/medium_heavy_tru