Dana Corporation's Commercial Vehicle Systems group has joined a new consortium with Western Michigan University's (WMU) College of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
WMU's Center for Advanced Vehicle Design and Simulation (CAViDS) consortium is aimed at providing breakthrough computer simulation technology and knowledge to the motor vehicle industry, particularly in vehicle design and analysis.
Through its membership, Dana will be able to:
- Participate in or sponsor research projects.
- Test emerging technologies.
- Benefit from the input from faculty experts.
- Utilize the consortium's advanced design and simulation technologies.
- Have some of these adapted to the specific needs of Dana's Commercial Vehicle group.
- Take advantage of WMU's training on new technologies, when necessary.