AltWheels Fleet Day, the largest display of alternative fleet vehicles on the East coast, will be held at Staples World Headquarters in Framingham, MA, on October 5. This year’s event will be bigger, better and feature more energy-efficient vehicle technology than ever before.
This year’s lineup already includes more than 35 vehicles ranging from hybrid cars, hybrid trucks and buses, plug-ins, hydrogen/fuel-cell, bio-fuels (ethanol, biodiesel), propane, CNG and pure electrics as well as idle reduction and other energy saving technologies. Most of these vehicles will be available for test drives. (See the growing list of vehicles of all sizes and types)
“We’re seeing greater interest from participants than ever before,” said Alison Sander, founder of AltWheels. “Corporate and municipal fleet managers from across the country are attending this year to see the broadest lineup of alternative vehicle technologies and experts we’ve ever had. The opportunities for saving fuel and money are increasing almost daily, and we’ve got the best options and the industry leaders showing how to make it happen.”
Registration is already half-full with only 350 spots available. Due to security walk-ins are not allowed, so participants need to register at: http://www.altwheels.org/fleetday09.html
Among the vehicles on display will be:
- MIT EV’s, Porsche 914 converted into a battery electric vehicle (BEV) using lithium-ion batters. Vehicle has a range of approximately 100 miles and recently competed in GreenFest’s 100 mpg challenge.
- ElDorado’s CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) E-Z Rider II 35’ long low-floor transit bus
- Penske-Hybrid diesel/electric 4x2 24' Straight Box Truck
- Mercedes-Benz – 2010 S400 Luxury Hybrid, the first production vehicle to utilize Lithium-Ion battery technology.
- General Motors’ Chevy Equinox Fuel Cell all-electric vehicle running on GM’s fourth generation hydrogen fuel cell system.
- Ford Plug-In Escape PHEV Hybrid which can go approximately 30 miles on a single charge without using any gas.
- Tri State Truck Center’s Freightliner Class 7 diesel/electric truck
- Eaton–Class 6 Hybrid Utility Bucket Truck that offers a 60% efficiency improvement.
Fleet managers, municipal and corporate, from 17 states (as far away as California), representing 27 cities and towns, 57 companies as well as more than 10 state and federal agencies are registered to attend.